The emergence of Bardejovské kupuly was conditioned by the natural mineral waters of the type of alkaline-salty, ferrous acids. From the results of chemical analyzes as well as from many years of practical experience, Bardejovské mineral water can successfully compete with the most famous mineral waters of this kind with its balneological value.
In the center of Bardejovské spa, in front of the center of trade and services, a new relaxation and sports zone was created in June for the smallest tourists and families with children with a sports, entertainment and relaxation playground.
Bardejovské Spa meet the prerequisites for balneological as well as climatic spa. There are six mineral water springs in the central park part of the spa.
” button_text_link=”https://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardejovsk%C3%A9_K%C3%BApele” button_text=”MORE INFO FROM WIKI”]
Attractions – Bardejov
The most popular leisure activities
Church of Saint Francis of Assisi (Hervartov)
A wooden church considered to be the oldest and most preserved in our country dates from the end of the 15th century, when it was built from a red spruce according to the Gothic style. The Roman Catholic Church is a two-part church, including the Presbyterian, the temple boat, the sacristy, and the majestic tower of a spiky shape. Main altar Frantisek of Assisi in Hervartov is decorated with paintings, including the rare painting Last Night. Some of the original parts of the church are part of the exhibition of the National Museum in Budapest and the town hall in Bardejov. Other nearby wooden churches are the Church of St. John the Baptist. Lukas Evangelist in Krive, Church of the Most Holy Mother of God in St. Nicholas Church and St. Nicholas in Fear.
Basilica of Saint Egidia (right in Bardejov)
The Temple of St. Egidia in Bardejov is one of the most characteristic of the ancient Bardejov. This late-gothic structure, rich in architectural shapes and fine artefacts, dimension and artistic level, and rare temple mobiles evoking the original medieval sacral space are among the most important elements that document the development of Gothic architecture in our country. The summary of all these features was the temple of St. Egida on April 24, 1970 declared a national cultural monument. His Pope John Paul II, as an important spiritual place, was also honored when on November 23, 2000 he promoted the apostolic breve (short letter) to the Basilica minor.
The temple together with the nearby historic town hall form the dominant of the central square and are a great tourist attraction for visitors to this Upper Town (hornošarišského).[/TS-VCSC-Modal-Popup]
Zborov Castle or Makovica is a ruin of a castle near the village of Zborov in the Bardejov district. The oldest mention of the castle dates from the early 14th century. In the years 1364 – 1470 he was the property of the Cudarovci, after their extinction King Matej gave the estate of Rozgonyiovcom, who lived here until 1512. After them he passed into the ownership of Tárczayovcom, which belonged to 1548. Serédyovcom belonged in 1548 – 1601. In 1601 the castle bought the Rákocians. During the period of the Estonian uprisings, the Emperor’s army attacked him, and in 1684 he was demolished. Later, he was struck by the fighting between the Russians and the Austrians during the First World War.